About this Wiki
The AI Policies Wiki was created by GordonIrlam, the technical founder of spam blocking company Postini (acquired by Google), and now a small scale philanthropist. His previous work on Back of the Envelope Guide to Philanthropy identified smarter-than-human AI as a potential extremely high impact area, but didn't address what to do about the issue. That is the goal of the present Wiki.
Why a Wiki?
- The issue is too big and has too many moving parts to evaluate in another way.
- Blogs are limited in the complexity they can capture.
- Email discussion lists are limited to at-the-time list participants.
- Academic papers don't perform hyperlinking well.
- Wikipedia isn't a forum for evaluating new ideas.
- Books require too much effort in polishing.
Why not a Wiki?
- Back of the Envelope Guide to Philanthropy was once a Wiki, but this was disabled because it was repeatedly vandalized by link spammers. The present site is a test to see if existing anti-abuse measures are better today.
The anti-abuse mechanisms of MoinMoin have so far proved inadequate
- It is also an experiment to see if civil discourse can be maintained and rational agreement reached between those with different perspectives.
How do I participate?
- For all but trivial changes, we recommend you create an account by following the login link at the top of every page.
- Be civil.